Notify Message
Forums
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Presenting Yourself to the Guild

Hello from China

Hello, everyone. I am Michael Ma, an associate professor in Educational Technology at Shaanxi Normal University, northwest of China. I am very interested in this Games MOOC since it is not only a game-based learning MOOC but also a Connectivism MO...
Member avatar small Michael Ma 3y
Michael Ma1799Member avatar small Michael Ma 3y

New to games

hi everyoneI've been wanting to use games in my teaching for a while and thought this MOOC might just give me the impetus I need to get started. I like discovery games like good old Myst, so I hope this gives me a toehold as a newbie.Looking forwa...
Small Morgane 3y
Morgane1507Small Morgane 3y

azwaldo plugs in from SecondLife™

Formerly a microbiologist and secondary science teacher, I now pursue instructional design in virtual worlds. Social-network challenged, I have teleported outside my personal comfort zone with recent projects in SecondLife™, here in this Games MOO...
Small azwaldo 4y
azwaldo1425Small azwaldo 4y

Prologue

Hi, this is Kamyar from Iran.
Member avatar small Kamyar 4y
Kamyar1343Member avatar small Kamyar 4y

Prologue

Hi, this is Kamyar from Iran.
Member avatar small Kamyar 4y
Kamyar1378Member avatar small Kamyar 4y

Hello from Warsaw, Poland

I am working for an international organization in education/training, looking for new way of facilitated learning with ICT. We are closely collaborating with training institutions in all over Europe. ICT is seen as an important instrument to link ...
Member avatar small Fritz 4y
Fritz41124Small Davros 4y

A late hello

Finally introducing myself...I'm Dan Franklin, a software developer, currently in charge of the server-side technology for funbrain.com and poptropica.com. I'm very interested in educational games and am happy to say that we have just started cre...
Member avatar small Erasmas 4y
Erasmas1430Member avatar small Erasmas 4y

Hello to All

Hi everyone, Going with Xenaqueen as my username. I am a technology integrator at an elementary school. I'm in love with games in education. They are my passion. I personally am not a online multiplayer type - I have really enjoyed games like ...
Small xenaqueen 4y
xenaqueen3639Member avatar small mr_isaacs 4y

Hello, in advance a bit :-)

I just discovered this site while researching for a course I want to turn into a semester-long game this fall (2013); I'll be teaching Intro to Programming at Cairo American College. I'm lucky enough to have a semester to plan, so I want to make t...
Small PlayerM 4y
PlayerM3679Member avatar small mr_isaacs 4y

Greetings!

Hi Everyone,Happy to be here learning with you. My name is Steve Isaacs and I teach video game design and development at William Annin Middle School in Basking Ridge, NJ and online for the VHS Collaborative (formerly Virtual High School). I've b...
Member avatar small mr_isaacs 4y
mr_isaacs1379Member avatar small mr_isaacs 4y

Hello every one.

I just found a link to this site. I look forward to get started, even though I'll be quite busy the first week. I'm not a gamer at all my self, but I'm very interested in games and learning.
Member avatar small bailey 4y
bailey2541Small PlayerM 4y

Life After Death

Hi, I’m Lotus – in Second Life/SL, Lotus Greene; main toons in World of War/WoW, Lotao (Horde guild, Inevitable Betrayal) and Lotoa (Alliance guild, Cognitive Dissonance). A year ago about this time, after a long illness my mother died. Her death ...
Small Lotus 4y
Lotus1422Small Lotus 4y

Hello Everyone!

As you can see, my name is Bry (short for Bryan). My creative juices weren't flowing this morning when trying to come up with a name, so I plan on changing my display name soon :).Some background info: I am an Educational Technology professional e...
Small buriedinice 4y
buriedinice51114Member avatar small larryselina 4y

Hello all! Arsonic here, checking out the site and what is going on...

Hi there! I'm new to this site and somewhat familiar with the ideas you all are exploring. I'm not sure I'll be able to participate as fully as I would like as my plate is very full. But, as an animation and digital arts instructor I am very inter...
Member avatar small Arsonic 4y
Arsonic3720Small grasshopper98 4y

European Union funded project - StartUp_EU

The StartUp_EU project http://startup-eu.net/ is designed to motivate secondary school students by replicating the excitement and creative innovation of a new startup company. The project will create an educational game to develop entrepreneurial ...
Member avatar small Joel 4y
Joel21039Small grasshopper98 4y

Hello from sciteach

It is a big day. First I find out what a MOOC is. That this exists is amazing. I do feel behind the curve here in what this is all about and what I can contribute. But I am ready to learn. I am a middle school science and math teacher. I have some...
Small sciteach 4y
sciteach2565Small grasshopper98 4y

Hello from Queretaro/Granada

Hi, I am bit late, but I am eager to catch up and make the most of this MOOC.This is my short bio:Esteban Romero-Frías (http://estebanromero.com; @polisea) is assistant professor at the Department of Finance and Accounting at the University of Gra...
Small polisea 4y
polisea3707Small grasshopper98 4y

Hello from Cambridge UK

Just found out about this on Google Doc MOOC This. Looking forward to finding out more and collaborating.Arednie(used to be found in WoW, Aion, Rift, currently taking a breather)
Member avatar small arednie 4y
arednie3956Small grasshopper98 4y

Excited to be here!

I can't believe it's taken me this long to find out about this MOOC! Oh well -- I'm excited to be here now and see what everyone's up to in game based learning. My name is Caryn; I go by missrithenay online (have a game based learning blog at http...
Small missrithenay 4y
missrithenay3706Small grasshopper98 4y
Hey

Hey

My name is Brendan Jones. I'm a Head Teacher PDHPE at Erina High School on the Central Coast of NSW, Australia. I'm not there at the moment, as I have temporary appointment to PLANE , where I'm involved in building a game for teachers about game...
Small jonesytheteacher 4y
jonesytheteacher3799Small grasshopper98 4y