Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Darfur is Dying, Eye of the Donkey and Viking Quest

Rubrics for evaluating games?

Bernie Dodge at San Diego State has been teaching the course Exploratory Learning Through Educational Simulation & Games for quite a few years. During the course students create a board game and an e-game. Here is the evaluation rubric for th...
Small christopher 4y
christopher76378Small christopher 4y

My Viking Quest was unsuccessful

My Viking Quest was unsuccessful. I was banished and sent to work on a cod fishing boat just of the Norwegian coast. Here are my thoughts on my experiences. http://wp.me/p1fqr9-Ey
Small rowan_peter 4y
rowan_peter71504Small Beth 4y

Anyone successful at the Darfur game?

Granted, I didn't spend hours and hours on it, but I did spend some time during lunch today playing it, and I managed to kill off the entire family and the camp. I was not successful in getting water.
Small akoutropoulos 4y
akoutropoulos173067Small Beth 4y

Limited Water in Darfur is Dying

Hi All:After getting the 14 year old girl captured, I managed to get water twice with the 13 year old.I actually tried to water the crops in the camp, but they dried up soon after I poured on the water. I could only water about 3 crop fields befo...
Small Mind Erasure 4y
Mind Erasure2698Small Beth 4y

Some Warm-Up Questions

Would you use the game in a F2F class? Hybrid or Online Course?What would the subject or topic?Would you use it as an icebreaker, discussion, assignment, assessment, other?
Small Games MOOC 4y
Games MOOC91997Small Droppi 4y

Viking Gain - Who won?

Here are some choices I made:- Take the money- Chose the middle ship (5-6 months build time) and used money- Took Route 2- Raided Monastery #3- Won and got loot- Paid back my initial investment, had money, slaves and loot left overI still lost. I...
Small akoutropoulos 4y
akoutropoulos71386Small Beth 4y

Eye of the Donkey, as stated, it is for young children.

This is an interesting game and they are correct it is for 6-10 year olds, can't see an application for college in Social Science classes. Has anyone used this game?
Small grasshopper98 4y
grasshopper983883Small AstroFukuda 4y

Viking Quest - It falls into the "Book with Pictures" category

I think this would be good for maybe K4-8, but it falls into the category of what my adult students (community college) call "Book with Pictures," that it really isn't what they consider a game. I do have to admit that I have a lot of gamers in m...
Small grasshopper98 4y
grasshopper981673Small grasshopper98 4y

Eye of the Donkey - Really basic LA Noire? ;-)

I didn't spend as much time in Eye of the Donkey (most of it was in the lecture really), but it reminds me of another game that I am currently playing: LA Noire. I am wondering if it would be helpful to create parallels in educational games to lu...
Small akoutropoulos 4y
akoutropoulos3818Member avatar small anciana 4y
Page 1