Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
What Games Do You Have In Your Class?

What games does Grasshopper98 use?

Well there have been some clunkers, like Aztec Ball game (referred to by my students as a "book with moving picture.") We use and created a Second Life world of Day of the Dead in my Chicano/a Studies class, they designed it, instructional desig...
Small grasshopper98 5y
grasshopper9841601Member avatar small vidic07 4y

Games

Jeopardy only...
Member avatar small dosso 4y
dosso3819Member avatar small vidic07 4y

What if your classroom was a game?

Instead of adding games to the classroom. In the book The Multiplayer Classroom: Designing Coursework as a Game Lee Sheldon suggests building the whole course as a game. From a review of the book it resonates with me. Has anyone here read the book...
Small christopher 5y
christopher51243Member avatar small larryselina 4y

I don't have a classroom, but I have a school...

I am the Principal of an inner city school for high-needs youth. I don't currently have a specific classroom, but I have been working with staff and students to promote the use of little, low-stakes/high-reward games in each classes. These need ...
Small badbuddha0 5y
badbuddha03815Small D'lightful 5y

Diigo list of games for use in the classroom

I've been keeping track of games that can be used in the classroom for a while now. I've tried to tag subjects, age-level and possible uses. The list contains commercial (off the shelf) and "serious games" (don't like the name though). The group i...
Small jelmerevers 5y
jelmerevers51359Small Mind Erasure 5y

Fantastic resource for games in education!

Educators, if you are interested in Games Based Learning have a look at the Games in Education Wiki. It has a comprehensive list of games sorted by subjects they would be suitable for.
Small lynettebarr 5y
lynettebarr61273Small Mind Erasure 5y

Games in the classroom

Wow, it was amazing to see that Viking Quest is stilll around as I remember using that game during my prac in the early 00's during a unit on vikings. I hate to say though that I have not engaged in game based learning and have focused more on cre...
Member avatar small Seeq 5y
Seeq2630Small Beth 5y

Hmm Games in the Class

All of mine would be what is on the iPad. There are Math games, Literacy games, Geography Games...Some of the more popular are:Stack the StatesStack the CountriesBlusterHungry FishSplash MathPlant TycoonTimes Table WarpMath MageMath Ninja
Small Neemana 5y
Neemana2667Small Beth 5y

Games with Grade 6B

I use games with my grade 6 students, and we use Lure of the Labyrinth, Villainy Inc, Wii Sports, Mario Kart, Big Brain Academy, Buzz, Kinect Adventures, Super Scribblenauts, Sorcerer (the original 1984 version!) and more for Literacy and Numeracy.
Small lynettebarr 5y
lynettebarr2627Small kae 5y
Page 1