Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
[Pinned] Class as a Game?
Mission Gamification

[Pinned] Class as a Game?

Lee Sheldon reports that he starts his class by stating “You All Have an F” as a way to notify his students that his class will be different. Instead of doing this, what if you walked in your class and asked the students, “How should you get an A...
Small kae 4y
kae172790Member avatar small Michael Barry 4y
Mission Gamification

[Pinned] So Badges...Innovative Trend or just another way to express grades?

So we need to know...Badges – An Effective Way to Provide Credentials or a Gamification Fad?The Mozilla Foundation has a Open Badge project. The MacArthur Foundation sponsored a competition for Badges for Lifelong Learning last year.What the diffe...
Small kae 4y
kae274470Small Hawkye 4y
[Pinned] Look It Up!
Mission Gamification

[Pinned] Look It Up!

Do your students google everything? How is that going? Or do they wait to be told the answer or definition. There is a relatively new learning theory (or pedagogy - depending on your opinion) on learning in the digtial age. We actually are basing ...
Small kae 4y
kae111975Small rivenhomewood 4y
Mission Gamification

[Pinned] Looking Close to Home - Actually Looking at Shivtr Sites

For the Game MOOC, we are using Shivtr which is a guild site for gamers and does have certain mechanics such as badges, ranks, and a few widgets. Take a look at a more fully developed guild platform also based on shivtr from last week’s guest spea...
Small kae 4y
kae61322Small ThereseEllis 4y
Mission Gamification

Gamification of Learning in the Corporate Space

Hi,We are exploring the use of gamification in corporate learning. It's fairly easy to create badges and quests and awards for accomplishing various learning activities and use leader boards and other reporting tools, but does this gamify the lea...
Small JZapper 4y
JZapper92912Small Lyrlobo 4y
Mission Gamification

Elements of Meaningful Gamification

This is a summary of the video on Meaningful GamificationSpeaker: Dr Scott Nicholson. Asoc. Prof. at Syracuse Univ School of Information Studies & Dir of the Because Play Matters LabTopics:1.BLAP Gamification“Use of game elements in nongame c...
Small rivenhomewood 4y
rivenhomewood1513Small rivenhomewood 4y
Mission Gamification

A Question For Week 3

What do we do to earn badges for Week 3? I could see the layout for weeks 1 and 2, but week 3 I don't know exactly what I need to submit for badges. I have done the challenges, but not sure where to record my work. Thanks
Small coffeechug 4y
coffeechug2487Small rivenhomewood 4y
Mission Gamification

Play to Learn

“The power and importance of play,” as John Seely Brown put it in his PBS interview, is a belief I suspect most, if not all, of us Game MOOCers share. Scott Nicholson and Sebastian Deterding share it too, so much so that they’ve taken on the missi...
Small Lotus 4y
Lotus1412Small Lotus 4y
Mission Gamification

Open Badges Project

Alright, so I did a few badges and am quite interested in this project. How do I find other badges to work towards?
Small coffeechug 4y
coffeechug2623Small Leedale 4y
Page 1