Notify Message
Forums
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Favorite Game and/or App

[Pinned] ISTE Looking for Gaming App Nominations

Passing this along, especially since some of our guildees already have their write-ups done!ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) is looking for educators to submit their one or two favorite apps and a few words about. Sorry no ...
Small kae 4y
kae31046Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

[Pinned] Warm-up Question.....

So tell us about your favorite game or favorite app. Or favorite game that is an app. This is just an ice breaker, so feel free to candid, silly or shocking!(We'll get more into apps we can use to build a game especially an ARG next week, but if y...
Small kae 4y
kae1567Small kae 4y
Favorite Game and/or App

Oblivion/Skyrim

Music, storyline, scenery, strategy - it's all there. This was one of those games where you are playing for hours and realize you need to do laundry. This is the kind of game that makes me feel that there is such hope for the future of the world....
Small xenaqueen 4y
xenaqueen41490Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

Glitch

I was a big fan of Glitch (created by some people from Flickr I believe) before it abruptly ended this past Fall. It had a really cute "melancholy" feel, and it encouraged interaction and cooperation between people in real-time play, and in that a...
Small grizzlybeals 4y
grizzlybeals3582Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

All time-Riven; current-Minecraft PE

My all time favorite is Riven; my current favorite is Minecraft PE (I only have an iPad right now)
Small PlayerM 4y
PlayerM71170Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

For me it's Eve online

But that's just the current thing. I have liked many games, and play several concurrently. I also have been playing Minecraft since the first Games MOOC last summer, though I have yet to try the multiplayer version.
Small Watersfan (Stephen Getter) 4y
Watersfan (Stephen Getter)4741Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

Hidden objects and mystery apps

I've discovered a passion for hidden object and mystery apps (like those put out by Big Fish Games). I especially like those that immerse me in an historical time period or literary story.Right now, I'm really immersed in Disney's Blackwood and Be...
Small Mina ZedWord 4y
Mina ZedWord51141Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

MMORPGs and Strategy Games

I was raised on military board games by Avalon Hill and SPI. I have played and continue to play computer based strategy games...mainly Civilization or a variety of military turned-based games from creators like TalonSoft. But, whether it was Ev...
Small Dethstrider 4y
Dethstrider3704Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

Starcraft and Hidden Object games

As I mention in my introduction, I enjoy Starcraft and other strategy type games with intensive graphic animations. I also really like Hidden Object games.Also, I hear that there has been a game based upon the old Twilight Zone TV series that has ...
Small byavits 4y
byavits61165Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

"The six...arrive...the fire lights their eyes..."

The 7th Guest started it all for me. At this point, sadly, I am only really playing Words with Friends since I'm seriously "in it" in terms of grad school.Games will return, oh yes they will.
Small MagisterP 4y
MagisterP81391Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

Clash of Clans

I am currently frantic over this game. It is the only free game I have ever spent actual real money in. My husband and I got into it at the same time and roped a few friends into it, too. Usually I'm not a big fan of multiplayer games, but I like ...
Small missrithenay 4y
missrithenay93670Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

For me, it's WoW

I got hooked by playing Dungeons and Dragons in high school and college. Diablo was reminiscent of D&D so I loved it. Then I got into NeverWinter Nights but nothing got me so addicted and in the zone as WoW (World of Warcraft). I was playing s...
Small EducatorAl 4y
EducatorAl121811Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

DDR, Puzzle, and Location-based Games

Yes, I really enjoy playing Dance Dance Revolution...the music gets on my nerves, though. I usually play puzzle and logic games: non-digital favorites include Mastermind and Quarto, while Incredible Machine and Machinarium are digital favorites.Bu...
Small Deelynn 4y
Deelynn3724Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

Too many

I would say I play mostly hidden object/ puzzle games. I still play board & card games. I love the idea of RPGs, geocaching, and all sorts of other games. Once in awhile I will do Xbox with my kids but loose a lot lol if it involves punching t...
Small Lleshrad 4y
Lleshrad61056Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

Dooors

One of my favorite Apps for iOS or Android has to be Dooors as it hits the core of educational gaming in my opinon. iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dooors-room-escape-game/id490611105?mt=8Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?i...
Small Sam G 4y
Sam G81355Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

Hail! The age of the Game App has arrived!

I have never been a huge gamer. I am a casual one at best. I will play Mario for a while and then, when it gets to be too hard or I die too many times, I turn off the machine and go do something else.But then I got a smartphone. I added this th...
Small badbuddha0 4y
badbuddha081834Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

Does Freecell Count?

Wow, talk about being out of it, I've never even played the type of game being discussed. My idea of computer games is solitaire! I am as uninformed and uninitiated into the world of gaming as one could possibly be. This is not a conversation I ca...
Member avatar small myfirstmooc 4y
myfirstmooc71178Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

Shadow Era - Used to be WoW

Shadow Era card game is my favorite app that I use on my Mac. It lets me jump in, accomplish something in 5-6 minutes and jump back out. I hear it is similar to the Magic card game. Shadow Era is also free.WoW used to be my favorite. However, it w...
Small finneycanhelp 4y
finneycanhelp61137Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

Zombies, Run! App

I forgot to mention the Zombies, Run! app. It has changed my life. It's a game that you play while you're actually workout (I started walking it and I'm slowly adding running)! This is the power of gaming, I've lost 20lbs and going strong.
Small EducatorAl 4y
EducatorAl101553Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Favorite Game and/or App

One for the consoles...

I'm a Gears of War guy just for the adrenaline rush.One program you might want to check is www.tululoo.com. Great for making html5 games. It's just beginning its development, but is already a quick tool to get games up on the 'net. Definitely p...
Member avatar small jtabraham 4y
jtabraham4756Member avatar small gomagoma 3y