Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
How Games Reward the Brain

[Pinned] How Games Reward the Brain.....

Ted Talk - Tom Chatfield: 7 ways games reward the brainAuthor summary of video1) Use an experience system2) Multiple long and short term aims3) Reward for effort4) Rapid frequent clear feedback5) Element of uncertainty6) Window of enhanced attenti...
Small kae 4y
kae236183Small Leedale 4y

A Low-Tech Adrenaline Rush

I am going to post my portfolio entry about this experience, but for those wanting to experience a really low-tech (looking) game with a huge emotional payoff, check out the Diffusion Simulation Game from (I think) Indiana State University. I am ...
Small badbuddha0 4y
badbuddha01466Small badbuddha0 4y

Dopamine

Interesting research on how, contrary to popular belief, dopamine actually causes motivation instead of pleasure.http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2012/11/uconn-researcher-dopamine-not-about-pleasure-anymore/Thought this might be an interesting article ...
Small randyfuj 4y
randyfuj4930Small finneycanhelp 4y

How to reward all effort and de-stigmatize failure

Personally, I think my biggest struggle as an educator is assessment. I try to de-value "grades" as much as possible and I'm really trying to de-stigmatize failure. I use a portfolio system in all of my classes now and that has helped.I really zer...
Small Mina ZedWord 4y
Mina ZedWord51021Small Taselian 4y

Reward system

In Tom Chatfield's talk, he mentioned a system created by Everquest players to motivate and reward each other with "dragon kill points," which could be later used to purchase items out of game. It seems to me that many other games, including World...
Small Taselian 4y
Taselian121940Small grasshopper98 4y
Page 1