Notify Message
Forums
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Introduce Yourself to the Guild! Games MOOC is currently on hiatus

[Pinned] Please Introduce Yourself

Hello There!This is your introduction. Every hero needs a quest to begin the journey and inspire them when they are in the grips of grinding. So our question for you is:What is your Quest? or tell us why you have decided to join us in the explorat...
Small Abacus 4y
Abacus51270Member avatar small gomagoma 3y
Hi

Hi

Hi everyone,My name is Barbara Knab. This is very new to me so I will do my best. I am not a gamer although I did teach computer programming and had my students create games in order to learn how to code. I am returning to the classroom in Septemb...
Small brooklyn 4y
brooklyn62092Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

wondering how to use games with young students

I am Cynthia Alvarado. I am an elementary teacher librarian and am sort of pioneering blended learning in my district. I have been active in Second Life as Cyndy Uriza until this year when other commitments caused me to move on to things I could u...
Member avatar small Calvamom 4y
Calvamom6991Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

LeeDale the Ex-Lurker

Hello,My name is LeeDale and I lurk (and learn). I am a veteran of GamesMOOCs past and have enjoyed watching others level up and achieve enlightenment (and get badges!). I'm fairly sure that the amount of content this MOOC generates doubles the si...
Small Leedale 4y
Leedale81207Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Hi everyone - greetings from Finland!

I´m redrooster and I will mostly participate as a lurker this year. I´m basically out to learn new things about game based learning. I work as a special planner in the city of Helsinki, Finland in a place called media centre of Helsinki. My main t...
Member avatar small redrooster 4y
redrooster4784Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Hi, folks!

My name is Laren Hammonds, though when the option's available I tend to go by Clayr online. I'm a middle school language arts teacher in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and I started digging into game-/quest-based learning as a possibility for my classroom ...
Member avatar small Clayr 4y
Clayr6987Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Intro

My name is Alfonso (Al) Gonzalez, AKA EducatorAl. I've been teaching grades 4-8 for 22 years now. Currently, I'm teaching Science for grades 6 and 8 in Chimacum Middle School in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I've been playing computer games sin...
Small EducatorAl 4y
EducatorAl91380Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Introductions are in order

Hello, I'm Tabitha from Virginia. I teach Digital Technology at a high school. Classes include Digital Photography, Graphic Design, 3-D Modeling/Animation, and 3-D Game Design. I've been tossing around the idea of gamification or flipping for a wh...
Small sereneBrowncoat 4y
sereneBrowncoat4756Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Pleased to meet you

My name is Monica Swindle, and I currently teach as an adjunct at a community college and state university. I have recently begun researching game-based learning theory, and I am intrigued by what I have found. As someone who grew up playing vid...
Small miet 4y
miet4751Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Yay July!

Hi, all, I'm Shila. I'm very excited to be starting back up again this week with the MOOC, and looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts about the great resources assembled for this month's exploration. I hope to see everyone tomorrow night (...
Small StoriesforNick 4y
StoriesforNick4772Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Who Ray for Summer gamesMOOC II!!!

Hello! I am Therese Catherine Ellis, an humanities instructor and one of Kae's minions. I adore the fun and opportunities inherent in networked knowledge construction and technology mediated communications. I can't wait to see what we all learn to...
Small ThereseEllis 4y
ThereseEllis3666Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Late starter

I lurked a little in Part I although other things kept me from catching all of it, but I'm hoping to be more active in Part II!I am a school library media coordinator in the same district as MrPeters, although I work with grades 4-6. I have loved ...
Small Kamoreo 4y
Kamoreo81297Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Hello!

Hi everyone! My name is Andrew Munoz, and I am a high school English teacher from Texas. I have been a gamer since I was in elementary school (anyone remember the Atari?), and I am interested in gamification and the different tools available. I am...
Small Texan78 4y
Texan7881311Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Hello from China

Sorry, I added a thread to introduce myself in the part I forum. It seems that here is the right place.I am Michael Ma, an associate professor in Educational Technology at Shaanxi Normal University, northwest of China. I am very interested in this...
Member avatar small Michael Ma 4y
Michael Ma6990Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Greetings from the UK

Hello All,My name is Maika. I work at the University of the West of England as a Senior Lecturer in Virtual Worlds. I am here to interact with like-minded people and increase my knowledge about immersive environments. This is not a very unrealisti...
Small Maika 4y
Maika71086Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Catching up

I teach chemistry in an alternative high school for kids that are either at high risk of dropping out or already have. We have small classrooms and can give individualized instruction. I wanted to give them more autonomy and started looking at way...
Member avatar small walterb 4y
walterb5900Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Greeting and salutations...

My name is Donald Peters and I am a high school art teacher in a nationally recognized 1:1 school district - Mooresville, NC. All our students grades 4-12 receive a Macbook Air. President Obama just visited our school district last Thursday and my...
Member avatar small MrPeters 4y
MrPeters71238Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Hello

Hello to every one,I'm Inês and i'm writing from Portugal.Sorry for my delay, but this last week was impossible.I'm now working in a projet about games and mobile learning. For that, I'm very interested in games and everything about GBL.
Small inesaraujo 4y
inesaraujo6966Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Perhaps this got posted elsewhere

I’m not much of a traditional gamer. I can work for weeks in trying to prove a mathematical theorem or making a computer program do what I want, but I can’t get engaged in trying to find the secrets for destroying monsters. And I much prefer coope...
Small Dr. Why 4y
Dr. Why5864Member avatar small gomagoma 3y

Hello There

My name is Lori Wahl, and I am an instructor at the University of Idaho in Clothing, Textiles and Design. I worked in the apparel industry for over 15 years prior to teaching. I spent much of this time working with people all over the world who ...
Small Diantha_Petrov 4y
Diantha_Petrov71273Member avatar small gomagoma 3y