Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
The Ideal Elf

Badbuddha (Scott) presenting on GBL at Canadian Conference in October

I have taken the summer off from MOOC-ing, but I am glad to see that there was a lot of work done over the summer. I just wanted to drop a line and indicate an opportunity that has arisen for me to represent the GBL community. I will be giving a...
Small badbuddha0 3y
badbuddha011066Small badbuddha0 3y
The Ideal Elf

Discussion about the article The Ideal Elf: Identity & Exploration in World of Warcraft

The ideal elf: identity exploration in World of Warcraft. CyberPsychology & Behavior.10(4):530-5. Aug 2007. This study was done in 2005. Participants were recruited by sending emails to a university and a gaming listserv. After eliminating ina...
Small rivenhomewood 3y
rivenhomewood102826Small Diantha_Petrov 3y
The Ideal Elf

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this thread, but I'm going to put it here. Powers that be can move it if there is a better place.New Helmet April 2013 by Kam Tonnes, on FlickrI found our discussion of the "Avatar Generation" to be intri...
Small Kamoreo 3y
Kamoreo4870Small Trevyn.Slusser 3y
The Ideal Elf

Robot Allows Boy to Attend School and Summer Camp

Great article in today's Santa Rosa Press Democrat about a chronically ill boy who is using a robot to get out into the world. Somehow this seems to fit well into our discussion of avatar identity. Full article:http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...
Small rivenhomewood 3y
rivenhomewood2641Small Trevyn.Slusser 3y
Page 1