Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
#6448174 Jul 26, 2012 at 09:24 AM
Cataclysmic
128 Posts
I am a big Trek fan, and I was happy to see that STO would be going to a Freemium model...but I am a Mac user...so no STO for me. Any STO players out there that are willing to take some screenshots and post them to the Flickr Group?
--------
Feel free to call me "AK"
Blog: http://idstuff.blogspot.com
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/koutropoulos
@koutropoulos
+0
#6459905 Jul 28, 2012 at 01:38 PM
Initiate
34 Posts
I knew this was going to be dangerous. I have been a Trekkie since the original show aired. Of course, I had to try it out. I spent half the day yesterday downloading and installing...but I now can say I have experienced flow. My husband came into the kitchen at 1:00 this morning and wanted to know if I had lost my mind. I told him I was doing some research :-). After that I decided STO would be too tempting if it was installed on my computer - (but it will go back on the first day of retirement cause I know STO will definitely be around). Unfortunately, after uninstalling I realized I still hadn't taken the screenshot. I was too busy killing the Borg.

GrannieTech
Margaret M. Ridgeway, MSED
Concentration: Integrating Technology Into the Classroom
Teacher, St. Helena Central High School
Greensburg, LA
+0
#6460732 Jul 28, 2012 at 04:58 PM
Cataclysmic
128 Posts
LOL. Nice to meet a fellow trek fan!
I too get the "are you nuts?" look when I stay up to 3am on weekend to play Xbox. Too bad STO isn't on the Xbox :)


#6459905 GrannieTech wrote:

I knew this was going to be dangerous. I have been a Trekkie since the original show aired. Of course, I had to try it out. I spent half the day yesterday downloading and installing...but I now can say I have experienced flow. My husband came into the kitchen at 1:00 this morning and wanted to know if I had lost my mind. I told him I was doing some research :-). After that I decided STO would be too tempting if it was installed on my computer - (but it will go back on the first day of retirement cause I know STO will definitely be around). Unfortunately, after uninstalling I realized I still hadn't taken the screenshot. I was too busy killing the Borg.

GrannieTech

--------
Feel free to call me "AK"
Blog: http://idstuff.blogspot.com
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/koutropoulos
@koutropoulos
+0
#6464317 Jul 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Guides
561 Posts
Oh yes I am old enough to be a fan of the Original Series, was a Spock follower, not James T. Kirk, and right now I have a QUARKS BAR glass from the now closed Hilton LAS VEGAS Star TRek Experience, went through it three times in a row.

Tell you a secret, my husband was cheating on me and I knew it, I remember fixing dinner, getting my son ready for bed and asking my husband if he hadn't promised someone to help with their car tonight (he drove race cars) so he would leave and I could watch Star Trek alone and uninterrupted. Obviously the marriage didn't survive the third season. LOL .
+0
#6468934 Jul 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Cataclysmic
128 Posts
LOL, that's a new one for me (measuring a marriage length by seasons of a TV show ;-) )

This is obviously off topic, but I was really bummed when I was finally able to go to Vegas that the Star Trek Experience was gone :( wanted to experience it as well.

#6464317 grasshopper98 wrote:

Oh yes I am old enough to be a fan of the Original Series, was a Spock follower, not James T. Kirk, and right now I have a QUARKS BAR glass from the now closed Hilton LAS VEGAS Star TRek Experience, went through it three times in a row.

Tell you a secret, my husband was cheating on me and I knew it, I remember fixing dinner, getting my son ready for bed and asking my husband if he hadn't promised someone to help with their car tonight (he drove race cars) so he would leave and I could watch Star Trek alone and uninterrupted. Obviously the marriage didn't survive the third season. LOL .

--------
Feel free to call me "AK"
Blog: http://idstuff.blogspot.com
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/koutropoulos
@koutropoulos
+0
#6470087 Jul 30, 2012 at 02:53 PM · Edited 7 years ago
Guides
111 Posts
I have a pretty nice picture of my ship orbiting Earth, among a couple of others. I can probably also make screenshots "on demand" if you have something specific in mind.
Here's to all the educated people who don't hate games!
-
+0
#6475086 Jul 31, 2012 at 01:13 PM
Cataclysmic
128 Posts
If possible, I would love some game play shots, as well as some closeups of the uniforms. Don't know why, but I am fascinated by the adaptations of Trek uniforms and Rank Insignia throughout the series.

#6470087 Hawkye wrote:

I have a pretty nice picture of my ship orbiting Earth, among a couple of others. I can probably also make screenshots "on demand" if you have something specific in mind.

--------
Feel free to call me "AK"
Blog: http://idstuff.blogspot.com
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/koutropoulos
@koutropoulos
+0
#6489810 Aug 03, 2012 at 01:06 AM · Edited 7 years ago
Guides
111 Posts
All right, I'll see what I can do. I agree, most of the uniforms are really cool - a lot of the uniforms unique to STO are really ugly, though, so I'm glad the more classic uniforms are availible!
Here's to all the educated people who don't hate games!
-
+0
#6523022 Aug 09, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Cataclysmic
128 Posts
Define Classic

Enterprise?
ST: Original Series classic?
Original movies?
Original Next Gen?
New Next Gen?
DS9/Voayger?
New DS9

I have to admit that I am partial to the Enterprise and New DS9 ones :-)

#6489810 Hawkye wrote:

All right, I'll see what I can do. I agree, most of the uniforms are really cool - a lot of the uniforms unique to STO are really ugly, though, so I'm glad the more classic uniforms are availible!

--------
Feel free to call me "AK"
Blog: http://idstuff.blogspot.com
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/koutropoulos
@koutropoulos
+0
#6531743 Aug 11, 2012 at 01:26 AM
Guides
561 Posts
I posted two shots to the Image Slideshow and the Flickr group, one of my ship, the Scordatura in action and one of me in "uniform" as a Female Ferengi Captain. In Second Fleet we all had "musical ships" Hawkye's was Harmony, and as I said mine was Scordatura, which is a musical term for tuning string instruments in unusual tones to get what would be normally impossible note sequences. . . kinda like me. . .
+0
#6542774 Aug 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Cataclysmic
128 Posts
In Ikariam (ikariam.org) I've named my colonies after the 12 colonies of Kobol (Battlestar Galactica) ;-) I am thinking that whenever I get into STO, I will name my ship Sagittaron.

#6531743 grasshopper98 wrote:

I posted two shots to the Image Slideshow and the Flickr group, one of my ship, the Scordatura in action and one of me in "uniform" as a Female Ferengi Captain. In Second Fleet we all had "musical ships" Hawkye's was Harmony, and as I said mine was Scordatura, which is a musical term for tuning string instruments in unusual tones to get what would be normally impossible note sequences. . . kinda like me. . .

--------
Feel free to call me "AK"
Blog: http://idstuff.blogspot.com
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/koutropoulos
@koutropoulos
+0
#6881326 Oct 22, 2012 at 05:57 PM
Guides
561 Posts
Hawkye I want to get back into Star Trek Online, need to get my account up and running, maybe after this second session of the MOOC and in the dark of winter...

#6470087 Hawkye wrote:

I have a pretty nice picture of my ship orbiting Earth, among a couple of others. I can probably also make screenshots "on demand" if you have something specific in mind.

+0
#6894705 Oct 25, 2012 at 02:15 PM
Guides
111 Posts
Just let me know when, I'd be happy to get you back into the swing of things. I actually have my own little fleet now (which is made of nothing but a few close friends right now - I have no intention of trying to make it very large.)

We have our own starbase now, so when you get on I'll show you how to visit it.
Here's to all the educated people who don't hate games!
-
+0
#6906612 Oct 28, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Guides
561 Posts
Ok you are on, can't wait to get back to the Scordatura and be Dilt again. Ah the reason I am anxious to be Dilt will be good for the Avatar discussion that will be going up in Week 4. I love being the "outsider" the "odd one" and Ferengi are kind of the "odd ones" and a Female as a Star Ship captain? Well that is pushing the envelope if you know how they used to confine women.

I especially love the five stages of acquisition:

Stages of Acquisition

In addition to the Rules, Ferengi recognize five Stages of Acquisition:[5]

Infatuation: An unreasoning love or attraction … "I want it."
Justification: Moral excuse used to explain … "I must have it!"
Appropriation: To take to one's self in exclusion of others … "IT'S MINE AT LAST!"
Obsession: A compulsive or irrational preoccupation … "My Precious!"
Resale: The action of selling something previously bought … "Make me an offer."


#6894705 Hawkye wrote:

Just let me know when, I'd be happy to get you back into the swing of things. I actually have my own little fleet now (which is made of nothing but a few close friends right now - I have no intention of trying to make it very large.)

We have our own starbase now, so when you get on I'll show you how to visit it.

+0
Page 1