Notify Message
Forums
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Hi!
Presenting Yourself to the Guild

Hi!

Hi everyone. My name is Dorian, and I am an ICT and English teacher. I teach high school at Roedean in South Africa. I am interested in games in the classroom, gamification, and getting students to create their own games, in Flash, for example. I ...
Small Dorian 7y
Dorian4964Small kae 7y

Hallo!

Aghhh! I was going for fashionably late but I think I overshot it a bit. 8)My name is Rath (as in David Lee...) and hopefully I can just dive right in. I've got just a few days before I begin my new school year. This'll be year number five doing u...
Small Ark_Halo 7y
Ark_Halo3882Small grasshopper98 7y

Hello from Rurik

This has been the most exciting MOOC this year. The discussions on Monday mornings (too early for me to convince myself to be there for live on my day off) via Google Hangout have really been a great way to kick off each week. On the first week I ...
Small Rurik Nackerud 7y
Rurik Nackerud2667Small grasshopper98 7y

Greetings from GrannieTech

Hi all. I am so excited to be a part of this MOOC. I have been chomping at the bit to find a way to use more gaming in my classroom, and I hope this will open the door to that. I teach World Geography and Sociology in a small rural school distr...
Small GrannieTech 7y
GrannieTech61382Small GrannieTech 7y

Brett Bixler Introduction

Hi everyone,Joining a bit late! I am the Lead Instructional Designer at Penn State and work with faculty in a variety of disciplines. I also founded the Educational Gaming Commons several years ago, so I'm always interested in all aspects of games...
Member avatar small brettbixler 7y
brettbixler3851Small kae 7y

Hello~~~

Hey all, I found out about this site from Tejas Gamer Girl, who is my very good colleague.I'm very excited to see how the lesson will go and hope to get some action done on Azeroth with you guys :). About me, I'm currently a Ph.D student at PSU (Y...
Small Grendizer 7y
Grendizer41006Small Beth 7y

Tejas Gamer Girl

Hi all,I am so excited to join in on this and to be a part of this experience and join in on the distributive and collective learning process on a topic that I am so passionate about. I love to hear what others are doing, saying, and thinking in t...
Small TejasGamerProf 7y
TejasGamerProf3941Small Beth 7y

...from New Zealand

Mark Osborne (mosborne01), Deputy Principal at a senior high school in New Zealand. Catching up on last week's content.
Small mosborne01 7y
mosborne013776Small grasshopper98 7y

Sorry, I'm late

Hi! I'm Odaly, a Bolivian living in Spain. I'm teaching ICT to preschool and primary children for the first time. I must say I don't usually play games (I have started only because I have little children) and I've never been fan of them; however I...
Member avatar small odaly 7y
odaly3759Small grasshopper98 7y

Hello from Copenhagen DK

Hey all, I'm a professional designer & developer of learning games in Copenhagen, Denmark. I'm curious as to what you teacher types are talking about in the games area >:)I'm from an educational/industrial psychology background, self taught...
Small Droppi 7y
Droppi51203Small grasshopper98 7y

Better late than never!

Hi :)I'm Michele Alvarez. I teach 6th grade language arts and 6-8 grade gifted at Nolan Middle School in Bradenton, Florida. I consider myself a techie and enjoy any opportunity to integrate technology into my classes. I've just started gamifying...
Small malvarez64 7y
malvarez644941Small grasshopper98 7y

Here I am!

I'm Amy from Wayne, Maine. I'm a teacher (I've taught grades 4-12 one or more of: reading, writing, math, social studies, German, and technology stuff) and a lifelong learner (have attended the University of Maine almost continuously since I star...
Small Zmrzlina 7y
Zmrzlina61282Small grasshopper98 7y

Hi there!

Hi i am Helen a UK based education researcher, who is a geek and into gaming, and often wondered how you would make learning more fun and interactive, especially with increasing class sizes, this looks to be a very interesting project. Because of ...
Small Helen_Kurai 7y
Helen_Kurai4901Small grasshopper98 7y

I'm new and impressionable!

I'm MountainLady (Janice), and this is so exciting. I teach several different kinds of Composition and Tech Writing courses, and I currently am reworking a few of them. So, I'm hoping to pick up some good tips for injecting more fun and "life" t...
Member avatar small MountainLady 7y
MountainLady41006Small grasshopper98 7y

Hello all.

Gary here, from Carberry, Manitoba. I teach Grade 5/6 in a public school and have had 1:1 iPads for 1 1/2 years now, where I use various games to teach and introduce new topics. I have wondered about using minecraft within the class but wanted mor...
Member avatar small Gsallows 7y
Gsallows41036Small grasshopper98 7y

That's what I look like when snowboarding...

Yeah...so I just got a look at my avatar and it looks like I'm sideways. It's appropriate because that happens to be the station of the body I most use when snowboarding (what I'm doing in the picture).At any rate, I'm Scott. I'm a teacher, prin...
Small badbuddha0 7y
badbuddha051128Small grasshopper98 7y

Hi from Finland!

Hello!And greetings from Espoo, Finland. Ina is my name and I'm a fifth year Education student, starting my pedagogical studies next semester. To be honest, what comes to games, I'm a fish on a dry land! Didn't know about games based learning or M...
Member avatar small InaMaria 7y
InaMaria2758Small grasshopper98 7y

Sorry so late.....

Hi All ~ My name is Kathy Lein and I teach Psychology at the Community College of Denver as well as consult with fellow faculty members regarding everything 'instructional technology'. This is going to be a lot of fun and I am very excited. Nice...
Small kathyl 7y
kathyl2688Small grasshopper98 7y

Hello from Southern California

I'm an instructional designer looking to learn how gaming can be applied to teaching and learning in online courses.
Small tdbond 7y
tdbond2638Small grasshopper98 7y

Hi from Richard

Greetings to the community. I am called Richard or Rich by most people now. On occasion I have been called superman, professor, or doc. Since Richard is a very common name, as well as Davis, I end up using my name for most of my correspondence. ...
Member avatar small rchdvs 7y
rchdvs3766Small grasshopper98 7y