Notify Message
Forums
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Presenting Yourself to the Guild

Hello, I am Hyle Daley from a corner of Pennsylvania

I am happy to find this group and cannot wait to learn and share. I am the captain of a group in Edmodo called Education Gamification that has over 1000 teachers world-wide. We have been diving into the world of gamification and designing virtual ...
Small MrDaley 7y
MrDaley3894Small grasshopper98 7y

Reporting for duty! :D

Just saw this and figured I'd join and lurk...well, until there's someone needing to play the noob...then I'm all in! ;)
Small Aevalle 7y
Aevalle71633Small grasshopper98 7y

Hihi from jokaydia!

Hey there! Super excited to join in here.. yay! I am jokay / jokaydia / jokay Wollongong / Helluva Hullabaloo (depending on which 'verse I'm in..hehe). I am a lifelong gamer and passionate facilitator of play (and servers) at Massively Minecraft -...
Small jokaydia 7y
jokaydia61283Small grasshopper98 7y

Hello from Salem, Oregon

Hi, I'm tmmaceira and I look forward to learning a little more about adding games to the desktop trainings I create.
Member avatar small tmmaceira 7y
tmmaceira2664Small grasshopper98 7y

Better late than never

Greetings,I just heard about this course and was intrigued and interested in learning more. I am an e-Learning Resource Developer at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln in the UK. I grew up playing video games starting way back with th...
Small benmsamuels 7y
benmsamuels3822Small grasshopper98 7y

Hello from Sydney, Australia!

Hi I am currently teaching Designing Learning for a Digital Generation at at one of the universities in Sydney (B. Ed degree students). Looking for some good gaming ideas to share with these future teachers. I am also the eLearning manager for an ...
Small Daenerys 7y
Daenerys2610Small grasshopper98 7y

Another one rides the bus..

Greetings! I am happy to be among more "Cool Avatar's".. in another MOOC! I have been Enlightened and Illuminated by many stoic and EPIC guides through what is.. My Quest.. As an educator, to seek out and find 'My People'.. I have found them.-- I ...
Small Jack Mosel 7y
Jack Mosel4994Small grasshopper98 7y

Hello from MSU Denver

Hi everyone! Better known as Aly Warrior in Second Life, I am a serious gamer and faculty and staff trainer. I am going to be teaching in the fall but am also interested in doing a gamification of our advising module for the School of Business. ...
Small Aly 7y
Aly3845Small grasshopper98 7y

Hello from Greensboro, NC

Hey, I teach middle school Language Arts, and maybe eventually Social Studies in Greensboro and have been looking for ways to move from having a class with periodic games to making my entire class set up as a game. Look forward to learning with y...
Member avatar small jspeight49er 7y
jspeight49er41079Small grasshopper98 7y

A week in...

...and I've just gotten to introductions. Well, I am Stephen Getter. I live in Denver, and work for FasTracKids in Greenwood Village, Colorado, USA. I create educational games for a living, although they are designed for simplicity since they are ...
Small Watersfan (Stephen Getter) 7y
Watersfan (Stephen Getter)2617Small grasshopper98 7y

G'day, Melbourne Australia

G'day all,I am Carlin, in my second year teaching secondary school math and science. New to the education game, but love it already but know where problems exist.. particularly with engagement.I have only just found this MOOC and already been thro...
Small grieve_physics 7y
grieve_physics3803Small grasshopper98 7y

Hello from the SF Bay Area

I am a relatively new teacher, still hoping to find his first full-time job at the HS level, teaching either math or computer applications. I am sort of indifferent to gaming as a personal past time, but truly believe gaming is the path to engagi...
Member avatar small JohnS 7y
JohnS3833Small grasshopper98 7y

I haven't properly introduced myself yet. Bad forumite (from Atlanta)!

Greetings, gamers!You can probably get the idea of who I am from my forum signature, but I'll elaborate a bit. I'm a secondary (high school) teacher of seven years making the shift from public schools to private education. I will be heading off to...
Small Hecatera 7y
Hecatera41071Small grasshopper98 7y

Joining In

*:|Hello, I'm not a gamer, nor a MOOCer, but I'm interested in seeing what is taking place. I teach Developmental Reading at Community College of Denver. It would be good to find new ideas to use with my students. I feel there's a real need to hav...
Small Dragon 7y
Dragon41030Small kae 7y

Hello!

Hello from gamer2012! I am new to the "gaming" world but am excited to find ways to incorporate this in the Business classes I teach for CCCOnline as I believe it will be a great way to connect to the current generation found in the class and a g...
Member avatar small gamer2012 7y
gamer20121461Member avatar small gamer2012 7y

Hello From Saratoga Springs, NY

Hi All,My name is Alex and I enjoy board games, like Scrabble and Backgammon, and the competitiveness of games like tennis and racquetball. Though I don't play many games online...still I see great value in harnessing the stickiness of games in le...
Member avatar small geoparadigm 7y
geoparadigm1575Member avatar small geoparadigm 7y

Hi from Denver, Colorado

Hello everyone,My name is Dr. Farah Bennani, I teach microbiology (among other courses:)).I have always been fascinated by Online Games and I am planning to use them in my classes.I look forward to learn from each one of you.Let's have FUN.Farah
Member avatar small Farah 7y
Farah51242Small grasshopper98 7y

Hello from Canberra, Australia

I'm Colin Simpson, an eLearning designer at the Canberra Institute of Technology. We've only really dipped our toes in the water a little through Second Life (and trials of Unity 3D) to give nurses and health assistants some exposure to scenarios ...
Small colsim 7y
colsim2635Small grasshopper98 7y

Hello from Lynette

Hi, I'm Lynette and I am a teacher who is passionate about the power of student learning through gaming. I integrate a wide variety of games into the teaching and learning occurring in my grade 6 classroom and blog about our experiences here. I am...
Small lynettebarr 7y
lynettebarr3865Small grasshopper98 7y

Introductions

Hi all, I am Jason Zagami, a researcher in the use of games in education at Griffith University on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. I am active in all forms of non-gambling or live-hunting gaming from board games, miniature games, roleplay...
Small j.zagami 7y
j.zagami51314Small grasshopper98 7y