Notify Message
Forums
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Presenting Yourself to the Guild

Introducing myself...

Hi,My name is Kristina and I work at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia. I have developed an interest in Games Based Learning over the last 18 months of working at Mac Uni but do not have much expereience with it yet so I'm hoping to devel...
Small SuperStina 6y
SuperStina3688Small grasshopper98 6y

Hello!

I decided I would remember my name here if I used the same name as Second Life. It's not about telling Dorothy this she isn't in KS anymore; it's about Annie, and telling her this isn't Second Life!I work in the Online Learning Department at Commu...
Member avatar small Annie Jamison 6y
Annie Jamison3757Small kae 6y

Hello from Mary O

I live in Southwest Colorado at 7800 ft. elevation. My husband and I live 17miles from a big town, and an 1/ 1/2 hours to a city. Teaching online classes has been great for me because our area is not very populated and jobs are scarce. It reall...
Small MaryO 6y
MaryO3824Small kae 6y

Good Morning!

Good Morning guild-mates!My name is Maabus. I am the Technology Director at a private school in Casper, Wyoming. I have 13+ years experience in the IT world, and all my life I have played video games (from the betas in Ultima Online, to Everquest,...
Small Maabus 6y
Maabus3807Small kae 6y

Greetings and Salutations

Hello fellow MOOCers! I am Kris and I teach high school physics in the pacific northwest, USA. I have been a gamer my whole life although my real life responsibilities have limited it to just WoW and Diablo III recently.I have been interested in...
Small trohaphys 6y
trohaphys3788Small kae 6y

Lizzyslinks from Victoria, Australia

HiMy name is Liz and I live in Victoria, Australia. I am interested in how technology is changing the way we learn, work and play. Having done 2 previous Moocs I decided to do this one on gamification in education. Beware I am a bit of a lurker. I...
Member avatar small Lizzyslinks 6y
Lizzyslinks51122Small kae 6y

Hello from Keriveda

Hi all - you see my screen name above but my IRL name is Kristin. I am an educational technologist but have never really been much of a games player. I'll be a major lurker in this class but i'm interested to see how games can enhance and advance ...
Small keriveda 6y
keriveda3789Small kae 6y

Ellenh9

Hi Everyone,I teach developmental math and English at a community college in Colorado,and I need to be able to communicate with my students in "game talk."Some of them are very skilled, but I'm a novice. I'm glad to see such a variety of interest...
Member avatar small Ellenh9 6y
Ellenh93709Small kae 6y

Introduction

Hi from the deep south,I am interested in gamification in general and do not come in with a whole lot of prior knowledge or expectations. While I have done a lot of work in virtual worlds, I have not used them for gamification. I am a teacher educ...
Small NclWozniak 6y
NclWozniak3756Small kae 6y
O

O

Hello everyone from the Chicagoland area here in the United States. While I'm no longer a classroom teacher, my role as a high school administrator has me immersed in many classrooms.And this is why I'm here - to explore the benefits of gaming and...
Member avatar small ryanbretag 6y
ryanbretag2592Small kae 6y

Greetings

My name is Silvrost (Rita Friberg) and I am not a gamer, but I have a couple of friends who are trying to turn me into one:) I love board games, but only play Solitaire, Mah Jong and Bejeweled on the computer...so I have a ton to learn. I am try...
Small Silvrost 6y
Silvrost1446Small Silvrost 6y

Greetings from Egypt !

Hello every one !! I'm Ayat ,an EFL teacher from Giza, Egypt. I have been teaching nearly all age groups and levels for more than 10 years now !! I'm currently teaching young learners. My main interests are enhancing creativity in the classroom, u...
Small Ayat 6y
Ayat1475Small Ayat 6y

Greetings from Northern NJ!

Hi everyone! My name is Kim Gabelmann. I'm an Instructional Designer at Fairleigh Dickinson University. I'm looking forward to enhancing and increasing my game-based learning skills. I am an EdTech graduate from Boise State, where I was introduced...
Small Kim 6y
Kim 1408Small Kim 6y

Hello....

I am Amy Hopkins (preciouspumpkin) - the biology lab coordinator at the Community College of Denver. I am a professor as well. New to online gaming. Hoping to find it useful in future courses.
Member avatar small preciouspumpkin 6y
preciouspumpkin1396Member avatar small preciouspumpkin 6y

Greetings

Hi, I'm Mitzi and am just joining the MOOC. Looking forward to an interesting and innovative summer experience (and loving the opportunity to play games and be able to say "but I AM working!") :)
Member avatar small Loongoddess 6y
Loongoddess1380Member avatar small Loongoddess 6y

who I am ...

Hello everyone,I am a professor at a state school in Pennsylvania. I am very interested in Ed tech as I teach preservice teachers and feel this is an area we are not covering well. I am looking forward to the session.Steve
Member avatar small Profs whitehead 6y
Profs whitehead1380Member avatar small Profs whitehead 6y

Hi everyone from murcha

Hi everyone. I am a teacher of technology in a small rural school in Australia and am nearing retirement age. I love to learn with and from my students. It never ceases to amaze me at how engaged students can be when playing their favourite games ...
Small murcha 6y
murcha1414Small murcha 6y

introducing oneself

Hi! I'm Maria!
Member avatar small Maria Makri 6y
Maria Makri1385Member avatar small Maria Makri 6y

Hi I'm Lorenzo

Hi everyone,my IRL is Lorenzo and I'm from the Italian part of Switzerland, around the web and in games you can find me as oralion!I'm currently writing my master thesis about gamification, learning and everyday life... This is my first MOOC but I...
Small oralion 6y
oralion1401Small oralion 6y

Hi I'm Stephanie

I'm an instructional design manager at a large bank. I love to learn and am curious to see how the MOOC class works. I want to learn more about using games and game theory to make courses more engaging and interesting. I'm not a gamer like many o...
Member avatar small DrStephanie 6y
DrStephanie1447Member avatar small DrStephanie 6y