Notify Message
Forums
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Introduce Yourself to the Guild! Games MOOC is currently on hiatus

Intro

Hello everyone,My name is Wilma Hodges and I'm currently a doctoral student at Nova Southeastern University with a concentration in Instructional Technology and Distance Education. I also work as a Research Analyst in the Learning Technologies di...
Member avatar small Calliope Codex 8y
Calliope Codex41190Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Newbie!!

This is a new adventure for me and I am looking forward to it! I am an educational technology hardware trainer and staying on top of it all, especially integration, is pretty rough but VERY worth it all.I face many educators who have never heard...
Small FirstMateChris 8y
FirstMateChris41343Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Hoping this is not too long and I can still join in

I decided to join the exploration of games based learning (GBL) after spending ~10 years attempting to teach "traditionally" and observing Ss' attention spans decrease to millisecond sound bytes. Social promotion has reinforced Ss' disinterest. O...
Small Josain 8y
Josain41378Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Intro

I'm not much for introductions, so here goes.>> What is your Quest? For several years I've been interested in the relationship of games and learning. I studied game design in my master's program, with a particular interest in humane (aka ser...
Small blueAppaloosa 8y
blueAppaloosa41302Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jane and I'm currently an English prof at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. I love to play games of all types--been playing since I was a little 'un. Board games, videogames, card games, rpg's, simulation games, etc. have form...
Member avatar small pajane 8y
pajane41275Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Greetings to you (name that quote)

My name is Trevyn and I am a slave to the gaming world and its grand potential. I also work with Kae frequently when she needs a random thought or ten. I enjoy video games (obviously), reading, drawing, painting, digital art, writing, and just abo...
Small Trevyn.Slusser 8y
Trevyn.Slusser41252Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Rurik Nackerud

My quest log was really full not so long ago. Over the course of the last several months I have been busy clearing out the log so that I can engage more successfully in my new circumstances. (This is a fun metaphor and I may have trouble leaving i...
Small Rurik Nackerud 8y
Rurik Nackerud31132Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Hello all

I am willing to participate in MOOC course and meet others.I am a PhD student at University of Leeds doing a research in mobile learning in higher education.Looking forward to know what is next?All the best,Leena
Member avatar small lalfarani 8y
lalfarani61952Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Yet another "Greetings from Finland" :)

My SL avatar name is Case Dirval, and as forum handles were allowed here, it felt natural to use the SL avatar name here as it provides certain continuity. If RL time and other constraints permit, I am planning to be activie participant in this MO...
Small Case Dirval 8y
Case Dirval51611Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

I'm Not Exactly New...

I've think I have actively participated or actively lurked at every Gamemooc since last summer. And I am still here. I like it here. I keep learning new stuff that I can use in game and in the classroom. I teach technology at an elementary school ...
Small Neemana 8y
Neemana31032Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Hello

My name is Miguelina Krier. I've been gaming at home along with my 15 year old daughter. We play Minecraft and I also set up a server for an after school club. I teach elementary school and would like to use games in the classroom more effectiv...
Small miggy 8y
miggy41497Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Hi Everyone

I currently work for a public school district that is in the beginning stages of creating online courses for their students. I will be leading the team and would like to incorporate the idea of games into our curriculum. I am hoping to do this wit...
Small Brandy 8y
Brandy41294Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Excited to be here

My name is Lisa Riegel. I am trying to learn more about how gaming can be used to structure courses for both teacher professional development and collaboration and for students. I am excited to see how this works!
Member avatar small LisaR 8y
LisaR51518Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Older Gamers

I work with retired older learners who are learning just for the sheer fun of learning as an end in itself. These self motivated learners often find themselves struggling with technology. This is mainly due to a lack of confidence that can lead to...
Small izzyG 8y
izzyG61884Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Glad to be Back!

After learning so much in the last MOOC and being able to apply it to what I was doing in my classroom, I decided to come back for more! My name is Kathleen Zeigler and I am a K-5 Art Teacher in Texas. I actually won the Artisan Award one week f...
Small kathzig 8y
kathzig31197Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Hello Everyone!

My name is Sharon Aronovitch and I'm new to the world of gaming both as an educator and an individual. Gaming in education is a new concept to me in terms of using the complex games that are available. I have used simple games, such as crossword p...
Member avatar small Sharon 8y
Sharon31157Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Greetings

My SL selvesMy name is Susan Briere and I am an IT Coordinator for a K-12 school district. I'm concerned that our existing teaching methods are not aligned with 'where kids are at' in terms of using technology to enhance their interests and abilit...
Small Eru 8y
Eru41351Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Late starter, longtime gamer - eLearning Manager looking at Gamification

Hi all, sorry for the late joining, just found the MOOC and wanted to jump right in before reading the instructions (typical of my gaming style!) Grew up with a ZX Spectrum 48k+ (not the rubber keys, the sleek black brick with the heat sink at the...
Small Gamenager 8y
Gamenager51719Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

introducing -ian

hi Ian Edwards here in Tokyo. I joined the gamification movement when I was researching how to improve motivation in the EFL class. I decided to write some essays for a course I was taking and the research helped convert me.The original page I hit...
Small zarnack 8y
zarnack52147Member avatar small gomagoma 7y

Hello

Hi,My name is Mary Lou Devlin. I'm a school nurse and also teach Medical Terminology and Pathophysiology for Colorado Community Colleges Online. I have no computer gaming experience except Pong (back in the day!), although I do enjoy board games! ...
Member avatar small Mary Lou 8y
Mary Lou31105Member avatar small gomagoma 7y