If you haven't already introduced yourself, please do! We've a introduction forum for that very purpose.
In the Summer Games MOOC introduction forum, feel free to use a screen name and also give us your real name. You may see vocabulary that is new to you. There may also be popular culture, comic book or gaming references that you are unfamiliar with. Either ask someone in the forums (we 're more than happy to help) or google it. That's what gamers do all the time!
We are leaving up the forums from the last three Games MOOCs as we had many requests for this.
1) Gatehouse - Introductions 2) Mission Central July - Part II Discussions 3) Tavern - General Discussion and Questions about the MOOC 4) Town Hall - Events, Organization and Looking for Collaborators
We do have a badge - Networked Educator.
We will be issuing this through Mozilla's Open Badge Project. This badge is optional. But if you are looking for an assessment of your work or a form of certification this can be done through the badges we have.
Weekly activities, discussions, reading, resources, events and games will go up each week on Monday at 1 pm.
The general flow of the course will be (subject to be a bit of tweaking)
1) Monday noon - Weekly Overview over Google Hangout
2) Monday 1 pm - material for the week goes live.
3) Tuesday evening Games Based Learning 30 minute discussion livestreamed over Google Hangout or other application
4) Wednesday evening 7 pm MT (Denver) there will be a 60 minute tweetchat using the #gamemooc hashtag
5) Friday office hours over Google Hangout 2-4 pm. This will include discussion, guest speaker and instructions on how to get into a virtual world. We have slots for ten people. If you would one of these slots - please email kae. We'll do it on a first come - first serve basis.
We may have additional livestreamed events and will add them to each week as we have the opportunity.
There is no requirement to attend the live events and we will record as many as we possibly can.
We will also list opportunities for you to go to other organizations events. These will take place in Second Life, OpenSim, Minecraft and World of Warcraft.
YES - we do have awards for each week! Please look at the descriptions! Some are weekly, some are occasional and some are only once during this MOOC.
You may be only be planning to participate to be able to identify networks in the topic areas or to lurk to get feel for the topic area. Any level of participation is encouraged!
Social Media for the Course
We have a number of social media sites that you may join or follow. Please go to the Social Media page to see these.